Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vikings!

I am proud to present my first unit of Vikings!

They are the plastic 28mm Viking Hirdmen from Gripping Beast, I found the set to be nice to assemble and the miniatures fairly nice to paint. Simple 1 shade or highlight style that I find looking good on the table as well as reasonably good when held up close.

Enough jibba-jabba - time for pictures!





















I will probably use them for Warhammer Ancient Battles, either as a Viking mercenary unit or regular Hirdmen. The second unit is mostly spear armed and has a more uniform appearance (all the same brown pants & shoes and the same colour tunics - will probably even give them the same shield designs)

Anyways I'm very happy with finally getting them finished. Next up, maybe a 15mm sci-fi figure?

- Edzard

4 comments:

  1. I have a box of those but was wondering what glue you are using. The plastic cement is not working for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Revell plastic cement, but used superglue to glue the shields on (after painting) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice figures, check out my blog, there's loads of free Viking flags for your next unit!!

    Ray

    ReplyDelete