Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Napoleonics in 3mm

Hello,

My Napoleonic project never really gathered any steam, but this year is the bicentennial of Waterloo so I have to do something, right?!

I places a very small order with Fighting15s for some 3mm Napoleonics to try my hand at. The order got here within a week and the figures are packaged in small blisterpacks with a lockable bag.




And I must say I am pleasantly surprised with how they are to paint and how they turn out. As you can see on the next picture they are quite tiny! No highlights at all, but high contrast colours and a painting technique where place small dots or slashes of paint.


I did some colortesting and found a combination I like and put those on a 6x4cm base. I will add another "battalion" to the base later to complete it.





Pretty cool stuff, and I find it gives a better mass effect than 6mm. Infantry poses are limited, but skirmishers are available and cavalry poses are more varied.

I have some Chausseurs a cheval de la Garde to try for cavalry - but I think my mind is already made up.






5 comments:

  1. Impressive, I am thinking these in numbers will be a great sight, looking forward to seeing the results

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try my best to paint loads! :-)

      Delete
  2. Very nice! What did you use for undercoat, if I may ask?

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a black primer then basecoated by hand with a light grey (vallejo "neutral grey")

      Delete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. custom website design service

    ReplyDelete