Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May painting challenge round up

As in April we did a painting challenge over at the Miniature Modelling Mayhem group on facebook, I pledged a unit of Romans and a unit of Macedonian companion cavalry. Additionally I did 2 bases of Thureophoroi, basic Hellenic spearmen and a natural evolution of the hoplite.

Together this lot looks like so, with more closeups below.


First up the Macedonian companion cavalry. In the end I dreaded painting the leopard skins, getting the yellow to cover was such a chore.. but I am really pleased with them!




Roman legionaries, same as always.. I have done more than a century now and I am quite proficient in painting these quickly.




And finally the thureophoroi, didn't really enjoy painting these that much. I think it is because the poses are quite limited and a little awkward, still the figures look pretty OK in a unit.